National lock down getting announced by Modi ji
Applicable from the 20th. Section 144 to be imposed across the country.
Modiji speech summary
1. Do not be complacent about Covid19. Do not get swayed by numbers. Unless we are really careful it will go up.
2. I need the next few weeks of your time, cooperation, and discipline
3. Do not treat social distancing lightly. Please do not step out. Stepping out not only risks you, you are also putting pressure on the system. There are people who need to be out, so don’t make it worse for them also
4. People over 65 at no cost to step out
5. On March 22, Sunday, please follow a self imposed Janta curfew. Please do not step out of your house (even to the common area of your society) from 7am to 9pm
6. At 5 pm on that day pl clap from your windows and appreciate people who have been working relentlessly during tough times (like medical care professionals, services, delivery etc)
7. Do not hoard, we will ensure necessities are in place
8. Do not cut salaries of people missing work
9. Do not worry about funding and economy for now. Let’s first fight health crisis. We are setting up task forces to bring economy back in place – (economic response taskforce)
10. Priority is now Corona fight. Humanity has to win. Nothing else.