As Modi extends lockdown till May 3, Kamal slams ‘balcony govt’

50
Header Aside Logo

Reacting to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s decision to extend the lockdown till May 3 to continue the nation’s fight against coronavirus pandemic, actor-politician Kamal Haasan has said the government has failed to take note of the hardships being faced by the poor.

“All the balcony people take a long and hard look at the ground. First it was Delhi, now Mumbai,” the Makkal Needhi Maiam founder-president said, pointing out to protest by migrant workers in Maharashtra.

He added: “The migrant crisis is a time bomb that must be defused before it becomes a crisis bigger than Corona. Balcony government must keep their eyes on what’s happening on the ground too.”

A couple of days ago, urging the government to extend the lockdown, Kamal tweeted: “While other state CMs take an autonomous call on lockdown, What are you waiting for, my Honourable CM? Your Master’s voice? My voice is of the People and from them.  Wake up sir while you sit, still in your chair.”

On the work front, Kamal was busy shooting for ‘Indian 2’ when the lockdown was announced during the last week of March.

****************

Leave A Reply

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com