Chennai welcomes the second exclusive preview of the much-awaited Volkswagen Taigun in India
– Exclusive preview for customers: Prospective customers in Chennai have an exclusive opportunity to experience the Volkswagen Taigun before the market launch in India
– Chennai is the second city to host the exclusive Taigun preview after Bengaluru; to be followed by Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chandigarh over the upcoming weekends
– Pre-Bookings open for the Taigun: Volkswagen India announced opening of pre-bookings for the Taigun across India via authorized Volkswagen dealerships and online booking platform
– The Volkswagen Taigun is the brand’s first product under the India 2.0 Project. A mid-size SUVW built on the MQB A0 IN platform with a robust presence, striking exteriors, premium interiors, digital cockpit, safety and infotainment features
– The Taigun will be powered by the globally renowned TSI engine technology of Volkswagen and will be available in a 1.5L engine mated to a 7-speed DSG and 6-speed manual transmission and a 1.0L engine mated to a 6-speed automatic and manual transmission
– New brand design implementation has been activated at all seven touchpoints of Sundaram Motors and KUN Motors. As on date, over 40 dealerships across India adorn with pride the new brand language and logo that represent a vibrant, modern, humane and contemporary Volkswagen
Chennai – Enabling customers to experience the Taigun, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India organises the exclusive preview of its much-awaited SUVW in Chennai. Chennai is the second city after Bengaluru to host the Taigun exclusive preview, and will be followed by Coimbatore, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Kolkata and Chandigarh. The Volkswagen Taigun is the brands’ much-anticipated SUVW that will be launched in India on 23rd September 2021, right at the heart of the festive season.
During the exclusive preview, prospective customers will get the opportunity to experience the Volkswagen Taigun firsthand, along with the brands’ recently activated 360-degree visualizer. The 360-degree visualizer enables customers to view the features of the Taigun at the comfort of their homes via digitally connected devices like mobile phones, tablets, laptops or desktops. In addition, customers can also seek information on the accessories that will be available on the Taigun. Giving them the opportunity beforehand to understand how well the Taigun can suit their lifestyle requirements.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “For Volkswagen India, South market has always been a major contributor in terms of the overall brand sales. To further enhance our reach and strengthen our position, we are organizing the exclusive preview of our brand-new offering, the Volkswagen Taigun in Chennai. Through these exclusive previews, we are providing our customers with an exclusive opportunity to experience the Volkswagen Taigun along with our new brand design language and digitalized solutions that enhance accessibility and convenience for the customer.”
Volkswagen India has been relentlessly working towards enhancing its value proposition and customer experience. The brand over the last couple of months has been strengthening its network presence along with the implementation of its new brand design and logo across its dealerships in India. The new design language represents the brands’ vibrant, modern, innovative, digitalized and humane outlook. Customers can visit any of the seven touchpoints of Sundaram Motors or KUN Motors in Chennai, to experience the ‘New Volkswagen’.
To further enhance customer experience, Volkswagen has invested in the development of digitalized initiatives that increase accessibility towards the brand. Under its Sarvottam 2.0 program, the brand has identified over 40 solutions along the customer journey that would simplify processes, through digitalization and people development, offering an improved customer connect basis evolving preferences. Some of the solutions under the program include – 360-degree visualizer, Test drive scheduler, Service Cam, WhatsApp for business, Paperless documentation, Car Health Report and a lot more.
All of the above initiatives will further amplify the experience of owning a Volkswagen Taigun. The carline boasts of a charismatic design language with striking exteriors, premium interiors including a digital cockpit, and 40+ inbuilt safety features. The Taigun retains the brands’ core DNA of superior built quality, safety and a fun-to-drive experience. It is powered by Volkswagen globally renowned TSI technology and will be available with two engine options: 1.5L TSI mated to 7-speed DSG and 6-speed manual gearbox and 1.0L TSI engine mated to a 6-speed automatic and manual gearbox.
About the Volkswagen brand
Volkswagen, a leading carmaker in Europe, sells its broad model range, from the Up! to the Touareg, in more than 150 countries worldwide. The brand, globally, is forging ahead consistently with the further development of automobile production. E-mobility, smart mobility and the digital transformation of the brand are the key strategic topics for the future. In 2019, the brand unveiled its first ever e-mobility offering ID.3 for the European market, based on Volkswagen’s MEB platform. In India, Volkswagen currently offers the Polo, Vento and T-Roc.